Tuesday, April 24, 2012

enjoyment.

i really, really enjoy life. really. my life is beautiful! i feel i have been given incredible gifts to enjoy and i want to be diligent to actually do so. i can be too serious at times and i rob myself of the joy life is meant to be.

i cherish experiences and love tangible things i can touch and smell and see and hear.

today i am experiencing jane eyre;) i LOVE this book and am enjoying the beauty of the written word in old english; i just love it! the purity and accuracy of descriptions and emotions! it's so eloquent!

i just experienced purchasing my very first workbook for a counseling course i am going to take. i am very nervous and feel a weightiness because i actually know that this is something the Lord has spoken to me to pursue in this lifetime. it is the beginning of something. beginnings are a whole raw and unfamiliar experience; i do not know how this will all flesh out. i don't know if i will actually become a counselor and have that as my career or not. i do know, however, that as i go through this course God is going to be working on a bajillion things in my character. part of me does NOT feel ready for this because i know the preparation phase of something is the hardest part and demands the most hard work and perseverance because you don't know how it's going to go. i am anticipating a pretty intense season as i dive into this.

and of course, this morning i experienced and enjoyed a blissful cup of coffee while sitting next to my husband. i LOVE my morning coffee!

i am honestly NOT looking forward to experiencing my run this afternoon. it's gunna' be a real push for me to run at all today! sometimes i wonder why i even exercise. i used to freakin' love it! maybe i will one day reach that point again.

there have been some major shifts of direction in these last few weeks, so, within these transitions i know i need to focus on what's around me and learn to enjoy the here and now, the things that God has put before me to do in this season of life. it's not easy but i want to get better and better at it over these next few months; that's why i said i want to be diligent to enjoy life. if i focus on what i am not doing, i will miss everything that is right in front of me, even my friends and my marriage.


i put this picture of chocolates up because i REALLY ENJOY CHOCOLATE!!!! :D

there is so much to enjoy in life.

what do you need to learn to enjoy in yours?



love,

bethany





No comments: