Friday, February 17, 2012

i don't know what to do...

have you ever had those weeks where you feel aimless, more or less? you are where you know you are meant to be, you are with the people you know you are meant to be with and yet there is just a sudden confusion or dis-oriented sense that hits you like a train? i am in this place and it's a real challenge.

so far my response has been just asking God to keep my heart pure and to keep me focused on His beautiful face and love. i don't want to lose my thankful heart because of this strange time. i don't want to become embittered.

so, as i wade through this, i am open to all God wants to teach me. if i don't remain open in this then i will miss the lessons and God will have to bring me back here again because i missed the lessons. think of Israel wandering in the desert; they missed the lessons again and again. i don't want to be like the Israelite's.

i want an open heart; i want eyes to see and ears to hear what the Spirit is saying.

has anyone else experienced this recently, like, out of nowhere?

i think a tactic of the enemy here is to throw us off track, for us to panic. for us to just suddenly feel a lack of vision or knowledge of what we are doing,  we can become unproductive people. but we must keep seeking God, keep our eyes fixed, our hope always on the unseen.

if this is the hand of God doing this he is either re-directing something within our hearts or wanting to test our resolve in what we have already seen of his will; do we believe him, that he will do it? that He will keep his Word? His purposes must be accomplished in these times and we must be firm within ourselves to not entertain and believe doubt. who are we to question God?

this is just the process i am in, so, i may not have the theology down pat on what is going on. i sense a lack of understanding on my part as to why this is happening, i feel confused, but i want to trust my Maker. i want to go the wisest way and i do believe that
                                                                        HE is taking me the wisest way.

2 comments:

Liz said...

dear bethany i cried reading this.
this is my life right now.

thank you.

♥ Liz

Miss Taken said...

I only made it halfway through this post (so far) but I had to say YES! I have totally felt these things recently!