Sunday, April 15, 2012

songwriting. lalala. ;)

Today my honey and i are working on a set for our VERY FIRST SHOW TOGETHER EVER IN THE HISTORY OF OUR LIVES!!!! EEK! we have 15 days 'till the show. it's going to be great!

if you couldn't tell, i am a tad bit excited;)

here is a sneak peak: some lyrics i wrote for matt last fall.


WHY

10/10

I know that I let you down
It wont keep you from coming ‘round
I know that’s you’ll let me down
But I will keep in this love we’ve found
Yes, I will keep in this love we’ve found

It won’t always be so hard
Believe that this is only a season
Hold onto hope within your heart
Someday we may see the reason
Someday we may see the reason

Why, why, why, why
Why, why, why

Someday we may see the reason
Someday we may see the reason why

this song is really folksy, which i love and is how i write a lot lately. really excited to be arranging it with my love and singing it with him. 

we know that music is part of our calling but it's not about us. we won't move forward unless we know God's hand is on it because anything we do in our own strength will just fall to the ground. so, unless God builds this house, it will not stand! (i LOVE the Word of God!) i have not wanted to ever pursue it before because i have not known peace in my heart. but now, being married to my perfect counter-part, i know a rightness in things. ahhh, the peace of God that calms our human hearts and wandering minds! AND the perfect timing of God. sometimes there just needs to be ONE THING put into place but that one thing might take a bazillion years to shift, but once it does, the timing is right and what you've been waiting for can finally happen. what a great God to be so perfect in his sovereignty and ordinance of our lives.

;)

love,

bethany belisa






No comments: